Sunday, September 26, 2010

IIDEX September 23 - 26, 2010

"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." -Steve Jobs


BRC - Office System...with Sustainable Elements

Another school year has started meaning another summer has come to an end. I say this like I've been in school consistently since kindergarten but somehow it feels as though I had never left. As I fall back into routine, and Fall starts to unveil cool temperatures and shorter days so comes another IIDEX show.


Gorgeous Lighting from Egypt, this is on
my Christmas list for sure!

This is my third year attending. The first year I had only just applied to school and I remember walking through the aisles hopeful of my entry into this amazing world. Last year it was mandatory and I stood in line with all the other first years patiently waiting for my badge. This year, I feel like I’ve graduated and can confidently stroll the grounds with swagger.

Amazing Leather hides from
Netherland's EBRU
IIDEX is the industry’s yearly convention and mainly focuses on office and commercial design trades. This year IIDEX also included a Green Building Festival and Light Canada showcase. It is a little more laid back I find in comparison to IDS as all the exhibitors ultimately are salesmen. They are always focused on the ABC (Always Be Closing) and thus even as a student they see the opportunity to share their pitch on the benefit of a $60 LED bulb.
Teknion's Vignette - I'm this chic in theory

Overall it was a relaxed couple hours cruising the lane ways, chatting up on new products and winding down with some free hooch. Teknion’s new Vignette seating and table collection provided the perfect perch after several hours on one’s feet.




Decotone Surfaces - This backlit
wave was stunning in person

Richelieu's Bling Bling Hardware





















Bomb tiles...sadly couldn't narrow
down a distributor in Canada...cruel tease

Humanscale's amazing Liberty Task Chair -
it honestly feels like you're sitting in a hammock!

















Allsteel's Stride Office System - the scary part is that they say it can fit four people per desk...might be more aptly named Sardine

















Green Oasis over in the Green Buidling Festival


EBRU's amazing carpet selection


No comments:

Post a Comment