Monday, September 6, 2010

A Stop By the Blue Banana


For those of you who’ve been following, you may have noticed the past couple of posts haven’t made it out on a Sunday as promised. I’m fairly well organized but Summer tends to have the ability to put a wrench in good intentions. It’s the last long weekend of said Summer and with Hurricane Earl sending some down right chilly conditions, the beau and I opted to stay in town. Instead of soaking up some last rays of sun I get to spend it with you and  a lazy Sunday roam of a vibrant retail local in Toronto.
In typical Sunday form, the boyfriend and I headed out around noon for some brunch. Planning on a feast at Aunties and Uncles, we made a change plans when the relatives turned out to be out of town. Opting to back track to Caplansky’s, we made some tentative post-meat plans while awaiting our smoked meat hash. While I strongly pushed for a trip to the ROM, the peaking sun deterred me to wander outside versus in.
Kensington Market is a neighbourhood in Toronto where you can make a quick errand or just as easily spend a few hours. It comprises a couple principle intersections including Augusta and Kensington running north-south and Oxford, Nassau and Baldwin running east-west. I’ll work on a proper Kensington blog but for today I’m providing all you knick-knack loving, hand crafted crafters and kitschy kitcheners a snap-shot feast from the Blue Banana.
Blue Banana operates a market mecca in which merchants can rent space to hock their wares. Ranging from toys, clothes, jewellery, art and food stuffs this 2 storey building is a modern day treasure trove. It’s the one place where you truly could find something for that special person that doesn’t need anything…shout out to all those Dads out there! I recommend the beer-butt chicken spices or a selection of choice hot sauces as a good place to start.
There’s a little something for everyone, which I can vouch for as my boyfriend easily occupies his time while waiting on me to make a round. A possible nibble on some homemade marshmallows, MC ice cube trays and hugging salt and pepper shakers to name a few of today’s highlights.
With some many trinkets I highly recommend a pit-stop as birthdays, holidays and no-reason-at-all-days rise to occasion. Today I came across a few goodies I wanted to share with you, happy perusing J
Reuse Chic
I just saw these on the Grassroots blog
Personalized time
Cardboardermy
Super cute owl pillows
Pop Icon Babushkhas
Signature Underwears
Big fan of repurposed vinyl

The King of Pop

Girly Fridge Decor

A little spice for later
Pretty Pottery
A Snack on the way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment