Thursday, September 16, 2010

I've always wanted a purple fridge!

It's true. The purple obsession is nothing new in my world, ask anyone who knows me. Purple jeans, purple drink, purple backpack and I've even stayed at the Purple House in Panama. Purple is to me what blue pinstripes is to the male suburban clubber....essential in life.



After spending a rather long night hung over foam board, white glue and an exacto knife, I unwound on my 6:55am train with some quality design reading. To my delight Contract’s weekly newsletter showcased an appliance company offering customized colours. SAY WHAT?? I can now get a fridge in any pantone colour? It’s a rainbow brite dream come true.


I did a quick Google search to see if there were any purple fridges currently available. Purple Punch showcased a Black and Decker bar fridge in a saturated royal purple. I also found this customized purple monster on fellow blogger Eat Yr Fridge, chomp chomp. But other than that the findings were slim.


In terms of a quality residential/commercial standard unit Summit seems to have peaked the market. Offering a wide line of appliances customers now have to option to customize the finished colour. The possibilities are endless, mix and match, camouflage to its surroundings, the only limit is your imagination.


I desperately tried to seek some decent images, showcasing this custom colourization but I failed...It seems an orange freezer is territory not yet explored. Sadder still the website only provides a colour chart to peruse instead of a virtual application. Your imagination will have to work in over drive on this one until I get a chance to make concept reality. I’m envisioning a gorgeous granny smith apple green (RAL 6018) wine chiller and a sunny yellow (RAL 1018) beer froster pairing. However being this a rainy Thursday morning, if my fridge was a Summit mood ring, I’d be RAL 7000.

No comments:

Post a Comment